Missy's Muses

Monday, February 06, 2006

Warning: If you become short of breath slow down.

Still sick. Couldn't get an appointment till tomorrow. Argued with all of my kids either last night or this morning. My fault: I'm suffering from oxygen deprivation. Mom called, I cried and whined. Then said, "I'm sorry I'm whining and crying."

Got off the phone, put on my Alexander Scorby reading the Bible aloud CDs and started hanging up laundry, went through the clothes in my room and packed up all the 6X, 5X, and 4X clothes and put them into labeled boxes. I'm wearing 1X and 2X whenever I go anywhere now, but I am not ready to give up my 3Xs. Not that I am going to regain any weight, it is just that at times like right now, when I am having so much trouble breathing even my clothes leave me feeling claustrophobic. Having really loose, big things to wear around the house, really helps. I've taken the 6X black pants, and the 5X black shirt that I was wearing in my before NS picture and put them in a labeled ziplock bag in my dresser. I am saving them. I will probably put them on again at -150 and -200 and -250 (goal), and perhaps at some other milestones!

I got out some computer paper and a pair of scissors and cut out the following shapes: a phone receiver, a lightbulb, a trashbag tied up, 2 recycling bins connected together, and a bed. They were all about the size of my hand. I wrote thank-yous and apologies on them and taped them on the appropriate boy's bedroom door.

Mom came over and picked up Joe's 2 pairs of broken glasses that he has only had for 6 months (one of the things that I argued with him about) and took them to the vision center. They were still under warranty and they think they may have the new ones in tomorrow. That's good news!

Mom came over again later and played some Phase 10 with me. Timothy came home with his papers for next year's schedule. Tim and I made our peace. Joe came in needing homework help, so Mom left to get her work done at home. Joe and I made our peace and he got his homework done and his flute practiced. Then Dan came home and things were good with him. He really liked the notes.

The doorbell rang and it was the UPS guy. He had 2 big boxes for me. My NS order with 2 more Nutribears and the Tony Little's Gazelle I had ordered from HSN. Yeah, what a day! I opened my NS order to retrieve my bears and introduce them to the ones I already had. Then Joe and I played Phase 10.

Later, I set the timer and started putting together my Gazelle. I had read lots of posts from people complaining about the difficulties of putting them together and about how they had done it wrong and about how some parts didn't fit and how things were broken or missing. So I read everything very carefully and inventoried all of the pieces and laid an old sheet on the floor and started methodically falling the directions. I started the timer before I cut the first plastic binding and only stopped it after the entire Gazelle including the electronic timer and the water bottle holder and the resistance pistons and everything was all put together and Timothy and I had both tried it out including the electonic gizmose. 2 hours and 37 minutes. I thought that was pretty good. Because I did all by myself, except for having Tim come in and lift one of the swing arms to help me position it when I was putting the crossbar through them and again once to lift the whole thing up off the ground to spread the legs and wrench tighten the frame bolts. The rest of the time I was gettting up and down off the floor and crawling around on my knees and sitting on the floor putting nuts and washers in and thinking about the progress I had made since September.

I then glided 1/10 of a mile with the resistance pistons engaged before I started coughing quite a bit and decided I better wait for a while to really exercise with it. I sat down and read the booklet and it said, "Warning: If you become short of breath, slow down." I thought, "what if I started out short of breath?" I am so happy to have it though. Now when I am well I will be able to ride my exercise bike, walk with my in-home walking video, and cross-train with my gazelle.

Now I've just got to get this chest congestion, or bronchitis, or asthma, or pneumonia, or whatever it is under control! Sure hope the doctor has a great idea! I do not like this short breath. I want nice long breaths that I don't have to think about!

Missy
365/267/115

1 Comments:

  • At 2/07/2006 2:17 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    Congratulations on the gazelle. I recieved the "Walk away the pounds" dvd and an exercise ball with dvd in the mail from a friend today. I think I'm going to be stepping up my exercise now. hee hee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home