Missy's Muses

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Taking a Deep Breath

All my life I have struggled with breathing. I spent many days in an oxygen tent as an infant and as an adolescent. My teen years were some of the worst. I can remember long nights in my dad's lazy boy chair struggling to inhale and wishing I was dead. One of the toughest things at that time is that there were so many doctors that thought that asthma was a psychosomatic illness. The acceptance of asthma as a real illness is just one of the positive steps in its treatment. There are more drugs. There are more therapies.
Now I still struggle at times with it. No - I don't want anyone to start telling all the things that have worked for them and I hope that this does not elicit an onslaught of commercial e-mails. I just wanted to say I really enjoy life when I can breathe and it is not so good when I can't. Right now I can't.
Missy
365/267/115

1 Comments:

  • At 2/06/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    OMG ... You are two pounds away from having 100 lbs gone. Woo hoo! I'm going to be watching for that post. Keep up the good work and I hope you're able to breathe again soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home