Missy's Muses

Thursday, January 05, 2006

With a song and skip!

I chose to sleep in a little again this morning, then grabbed my breakfast and lunch from the fridge, hopped in the van, and made it to work in time to pick up my first group on time. Since it takes me about an hour to get to work, I had plenty of time to talk to God and drink 1 and 1/2 bottles of water (3 cups) and eat my breakfast and work on some of the scriptures I'm trying to memorize in Spanish, then call my mom and dad and tell them all about yesterday! I make the most of my driving time!

No subbing, but no down time either. One little first grade girl I work with was having a hard time today, so any time I didn't have anyone else, I let her come and sit and work in my room. She needed to tap and bang and whistle while she worked (lots of whistling, very little working) and get on the floor and I kept trying to figure out what was wrong. I still don't really know, but I finally just started singing whatever song popped into my head as I did my work and it calmed her. She stayed in my room until the other first graders were getting on the bus, then we went to her room and her classroom teacher helped her get her things together to go home on the bus. I was wondering if I had helped her at all (I know I was helping the teacher, because the other students couldn't get things done with her in the room), when she turned and said, "I really liked that song you were singing!" I told her "Thank you! I'll see you tomorrow!" and she skipped away down the hall. As I've said before "God moves in mysterious ways!"

I did not stay after school today. I came home for my snack and my 2 Mile Walk Diet, then my NS supper and my 10 miles of bike riding! Spent some time talking to my boys. They are now all in bed. I've had my 8+ glasses of water and I've been 100% on my food. I'm going to dunk my Chocolate Chip biscotti into a cup of hot Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time tea, savor my teaspoon of peanut butter, then brush my teeth, talk to God and go to bed!

Hope anyone reading this has had a great day!
Missy PS - Down another pound!
365/281/115

1 Comments:

  • At 1/06/2006 12:06 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    I'm sure that little girl was helped by you. What a great thing to be able to help others. I have a degree in Special Ed but haven't taught in over 20 years. Sure wish I could update and get back into it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home