Missy's Muses

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Did I Resist Chocolate on Valentine's Day?

A friend asked me if I had resisted the temptation to eat chocolate yesterday.

I hadn't thought about it until she asked, but yes I did! I didn't even choose a chocolate dessert yesterday. I had BBQ soy chips.

I even baked chocolate chip cookies for my sons, since I haven't been able to get out and get them any valentine gifts. I usually give them a small stuffed animal or key ring or something like that. I had already gotten my mom a small chocolate sampler. She came over and I gave it to her and it was kind of fun to see her eat one piece. She will put it away and eat it a little bit at a time. (She has no problem keeping her weight right at ideal and with my dad being a diabetic, she never buys candy to have at her house, so it was a real treat.) I only made 2 dozen cookies. I did not lick the bowl, my fingers, or anything. I baked them one hour before the guys were due home from school and put 8 nice sized cookies into red-lidded gladware containers. They were thrilled. I had them put the leftovers away in their rooms, so that I wouldn't have to see them today!

I am down another 1 and 1/2 pounds, but still struggling to shake this pneumonia. I'm staying right on my eating plan and drinking lots of water. I think maybe more of this congestion is breaking up as I've had some longer coughing jags this morning. Strangely enough my sister called earlier today and she now has pneumonia. We kind of laughed about her catching it from me over the phone, as she lives 970 miles away. I haven't seen her in over a year, but I talked to her on the phone last week.

Missy
365/263.5/115

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home