Missy's Muses

Thursday, February 16, 2006

4th Time to the doctor in 3 weeks

I am actually sicker than I was before. But he said I have been doing a great job on taking care of myself - doing everything on time and getting in all my treatments and meds. However, I have picked up a secondary bacterial infection in my lungs and I have a lot of irritation. So he had them give me a shot of Kenalog (some kind of cortisone) which he thinks will knock it out and stay with me for 3-6 weeks, plus he put me on an antibiotic Doxycyclin Hyc 100 mg twice a day for 30 days. I don't think I've ever been given an antibiotic I was to take for 30 days! They are a very pretty color of blue! He was so kind and I could tell he was frustrated and concerned! I am still at the maximum dosage on all my other meds and he gave me another prescription for the Xopenex with 6 refills. Of course, I don't get to start exercising on Monday after all! Hopefully, this will do the trick. Just pray for me!

2 Comments:

  • At 2/17/2006 1:22 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your weight loss is definitely monumental. Perhaps when this is all over your lung challenges will be out of the way. Congratulations on your success!

    Diane

     
  • At 2/19/2006 9:20 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    Oh honey, you keep on taking care of you. Times like this the weight loss comes secondary. Hope you're back to 100% really soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home