Missy's Muses

Monday, July 13, 2009

Asthma and Outdoor Weddings

I am frustrated. My future daughter-in-law, whom I love very much, told my son that I was hurting her feelings. What did I do? I said that I felt that they did not want me at their wedding since they are planning the ENTIRE event: wedding and reception outside. I am EXTREMELY allergic to grass, trees, and pollen. My son has asked me to stop talking to her about it and I have agreed. I really think I will end up having to watch the entire thing from a window. She said "You are only the groom's mother!" My son said, "We want you to be there, but she has been dreaming of an outdoor wedding her whole life." Why can't they compromise and at least have the reception inside?
I guess if my son was allergic to grass, she would have to find a proxy groom. I guess I can get a friend to be the proxy- mother of the groom.
Missy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home