Missy's Muses

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Power of the Saw and Clippers!

Wow, the power of the saw and clippers! Today I worked from 11AM to 2PM, 5:45PM to 7:30PM, and 9:00PM to 9:30PM - IN THE YARD! I have NEVER been a yard person, but I am finding that working in the yard is helping me to stay on my eating plan! I am accomplishing some much needed and overdo maintenance and I'm sure not going to eat while my hands are in heavy, dirty work gloves. The work is time consuming and diverse enough to be interesting. Plus +++++ It consumes lots of calories, for I am not just "puttering" around. I am WORKING HARD!

Trimming the trees is like trimming the fat! It can be readily seen and takes work. If I neglect it again, it will fall to ruin. So I am working to get the yard in shape, then I will need to continue to work to keep it in shape. I am also working to get my body in shape, then I will need to continue to work to keep it in shape. It can be readily seen and takes work. If I neglect it again, my body will go to ruin (the weight will come back!)

You are probably already tired of this line of thinking, but I am finding this concept SO POWERFUL!

Missy

5 Comments:

  • At 8/16/2006 6:22 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Congrats on making the connection from gardening to well being, Missy! I never worked in the yard either, but now I do wheneever I have time. I just feel so relaxed, and unconscious of any stress at all while I'm "diggin' in the dirt," as my mother says. Isn't yardwork the best hobby? I love it. You look so good, by the way. I almost can't believe the transformation over the last year. You're amazing, keep up the good work!

     
  • At 8/16/2006 6:25 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    PS- Wait til your next airplane trip. Being able to fit better in the seats is awesome!

     
  • At 8/16/2006 12:28 PM, Blogger Jamie said…

    I am not at all tired of this concept. I am always trying to think of new ways to keep me in the 'game' and this is an excellent one. I am always busy in the yard as well. Now I have a new way of thinking.

    Thank you for the info regarding Ryans shoulder. I did find lots of info on it. I hope you don't mind, I added you to my link list. If you would rather not be there, then just drop me a line.

    Happy Gardening!!!

     
  • At 8/16/2006 1:07 PM, Blogger Missy said…

    Sure thing! I'll add you, too!
    Missy

     
  • At 8/16/2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Missy said…

    Melissa,
    Thanks so much! Yes, I hope the tray table will go all the way flat the next time I fly! LOL!
    Missy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home