Missy's Muses

Thursday, August 17, 2006

My own brother didn't recognize me!

My brother, who is 2 years older and lives less than a mile away, passed me on the way up the stairs at church last night. Then he suddenly turned and looked down the stairs at me and said, "Wow, Missy. You look so different, I didn't even know who you were!" At first I said, "Yeah, right!" I mean.. it was my brother! I see him at least once a week and I spent about a week and a half sitting at the supper table with him on vacation in Canada just last month. Then he said, "I mean it! You have lost so much weight and you look so different, I am having trouble recognizing you!" I said, "Wow, thank you!"

I was down 1.5 more pounds this morning! That means I have lost 157 pounds! Hurray!


......I think I can...........I think I can...........I think I can...........I think I can.....

Missy 50 years old 5'1"
365/208/115 (Began on 9-22-05)

4 Comments:

  • At 8/17/2006 11:23 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    That's awesome, Missy. It's funny how others take a while to get used to how we look. Especially with as drastic a change as you have made. You look fantastic! And congrats on no longer being morbidly obese. That is quite an accomplishment.

     
  • At 8/18/2006 3:31 PM, Blogger Missy said…

    Thank you Emily! I can't believe how exciting it is to be able to say "I'm obese!" LOL!
    Missy

     
  • At 8/18/2006 8:07 PM, Blogger BigAssBelle said…

    Wow, Missy, that is so cool!!! How wonderful for you . . .

    Those moments are irreplaceable. It's a good thing, I think, to keep a written record to go back to for inspiration.

    I so admire your journey . . . lynette

     
  • At 8/19/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Missy said…

    Lynette,
    Thank you! I agree. I use this blog as a source of inspiration to stick to the plan!
    Missy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home