Missy's Muses

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Beginning to Feeling Diminutive Again

I am starting to actually feel diminutive again! I am just now getting to the weight that many people who are struggling to lose weight are starting at, so I know that I am still very heavy, but I can actually do some things that I couldn't do for so many years that made me feel HUGE! I can get close enough to my 6'6" brother to fit under his arm again! Yes, you read that right. We are full blood siblings and he is 6'6" and I am 5'1". I grew up in a house full of giants! My standing joke for many years has been "Our family had some short genes(jeans) and somebody had to wear them!" He has been telling people for the last 35 years that I am short because he was always patting me on the top of my head. (He is 2 and 1/2 years older than me.) Both of our younger sisters are also tall, although not as tall as our brother. My brother's son and daughter are both over 6' tall.

I am truly enjoying my sons' designation of me as "The Incredible Shrinking Mom" as I am getting smaller as they are growing taller. This morning my 13 year old said he is as excited as I am looking forward to the day when he will be able to pick me up and throw me in the swimming pool at the family reunion, which is one of the things I have on my list of things I want to be able to "do" when I get near or at goal. I doubt that it will be this summer, but we are shooting for next summer!

I am down a few more pounds this week! Hurray!



......I think I can...........I think I can...........I think I can...........I think I can.....

Missy
365/251/115

4 Comments:

  • At 3/25/2006 2:56 PM, Blogger Nurse Penguinladi said…

    I saw your comment on diminutive dames on the NS board and had to check out your blog. WOW! You certainly have done well. I also scrolled down and saw what the teachers and kids did for you. You must have a lot of love to give because it is certainly coming back to you.

    You are amazing and have inspired me to keep going. I've only been at this a month and have lost 9 pounds in three weeks. My next weigh-in is Monday and I hope to have good results. You can check out my blog if you like: http://penguinladisponderings.blogspot.com/
    Keep up the great work!

     
  • At 3/25/2006 8:09 PM, Blogger Missy said…

    Thank you for your kind words of encouragement! I hope you find NS as helpful as I have! Thank you for leaving a comment here.
    Missy

     
  • At 3/26/2006 2:09 PM, Blogger Jamie said…

    Wow Missy!!! Way to go!! Your story about your brother made me laugh. You have done so well!

    To be deemed "The Incredible Shrinking Mom" is fantastic. I have no doubt that you will be able to "do" all the things on your list one day in the very short future!!!

    Have a great week!

     
  • At 3/27/2006 1:05 AM, Blogger Missy said…

    Jamie,
    I'm glad you enjoyed my comments. My brother has always been able to make me laugh! Thank you for being so supportive of my endeavors.
    Missy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home