Missy's Muses

Sunday, December 18, 2005

My Journey to Finding Myself

On September 22, 2005 I started a new way of eating courtesy of Nutrisystem. I was not too thrilled with the fact that the food was not frozen as I had been expecting, but I had ordered the 4 week program with 1 week of additional free food, so I figured I should give it a go. I started off following it to the letter and I have not regretted it since. It is now 12 weeks, 3 days later and I am 77 pounds lighter. I still have a long way to go since I began at 365 pounds, but I tell you going into 2006 at 288 or lighter is a great way to begin the year. I have met my Christmas goal. I have met my New Year goal. Now my goal is to lose my 13 year old son. He currently weighs 88. I hope to lose that before he weighs 89, but my goal will adjusts as he gains. I hope to weigh at least 100 less pounds by the time I am 50, which will be in another 3 and 1/2 months. That would be 23 more pounds and if I can continue to less weight at a good rate, it will happen. I went into this whole thing figuring it would take me 2 and 1/2 years to get to my goal of 115. I still am going to stick with that plan, as it seems unreasonable to think I will be able to continue to drop as I have lately. Time will tell.
Missy

2 Comments:

  • At 12/18/2005 1:34 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Here's encouragement from a stranger...I recently lost 35 pounds because I was in the hospital for two weeks. I weighed 170 and now weigh 135. I think I can maintain it, my fingers are crossed. But weight loss is weight loss!! Whether it is shedding that person you've been carrying around or those five vanity pounds. I encourage you to keep it up. You will feel better, your bones will feel better and you won't be able to stop blushing when person after person notices!! Keep it up Missy, you look great already!!

     
  • At 12/18/2005 9:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations and good for you. Keep up the good work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home